Amy Sprole, MD, FACS
Amy Sprole, MD is a board certified plastic surgeon who joined the Plastic Surgery Center in 2006. Originally a Wichita native, she came back from New York City, where she completed comprehensive training in aesthetic and reconstructive plastic surgery. Dr. Sprole is currently one of the only female plastic surgeons in the Wichita area, and she specializes in aesthetic surgery of the face and body as well as reconstructive surgery of the breast.
Annual 40 Under 40 List
Dr. Sprole was honored by the Wichita Business Journal in 2010. She was chosen for their 13th Annual 40 Under 40 class from a list of over 140 professionals. A highlight of the group was their dedication to community service.
In addition to her clinical work, Dr. Sprole is a Clinical Assistant Professor for the Department of Surgery, and participates in the education and training of surgical residents at the University of Kansas School of Medicine - Wichita(UKSM-W). Dr. Sprole is also an active member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, a Diplomate of the American Board of Plastic Surgery and a member of the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons. She has served on the Board of Directors of the Medical Society of Sedgwick County from 2011-2013, and she will continue on as the Treasurer through 2015.
Dr. Sprole's Education and Surgical Training:
- Plastic Surgery Residency, New York Presbyterian Hospital - the University Hospital of Columbia and Cornell, 2004-2006
- General Surgery Residency, New York Presbyterian Hospital, 2001-2004
- General Surgery Internship, New York Presbyterian Hospital, 2000-2001
- Cornell University Medical College, M.D. 2000, New York, NY
- Dartmouth College, B.A. cum laude 1996, Hanover, NH
Dr. Sprole's Accomplishments:
- Award winner for the Wichita Business Journal's prestigious 40 under 40 awards
- Administrative Chief Resident, Division of Plastic Surgery, 2005-2006
- The Dicran Goulian, M.D. Award for Academic Excellence in Plastic Surgery, 2005
- Distinguished Housestaff Award for outstanding service in the Division of Plastic Surgery, 2005
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society, 2000
- Janet M. Glasgow Memorial Achievement Citation, 2000
- Max Kade Fellowship Award for International Study, 2000, Vienna, Austria
Dr. Sprole's Community Activities:
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Surgery at the University of Kansas School of Medicine - Wichita
- Advisor in the 3rd Year Medical Student Advisor Program at the University of Kansas School of Medicine - Wichita
- Project Access, Member Surgeon
- Medical Society of Sedgwick County, Board of Directors, 2011-2013, Treasurer 2015.
- Delegate of the MSSC (Medical Society of Sedgwick County) to the Kansas Medical Society Annual Meeting 2009, 2010, 2013
- Member, American Society of Plastic Surgeon
- Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- Member, American Board of Plastic Surgery
- Member, Kansas Medical Society
- Member, Medical Association of Sedgwick County
- 2010: 40 Under 40
- Real Self Top Doctor
Physician Certifications, Memberships and Affiliations
I had the best experience I could have hoped for and couldn't have asked for better care! Thank you for making this such a positive, happy, exciting event in my life! The outcome is awesome - everything I wanted and more! I definitely recommend Dr. Sprole to anyone interested in plastic surgery. — PSC Patient
Request our Newsletter
You'll receive our newsletter 1-3 times per month. Inside you'll find insightful information, tips, specials and more. You may opt out at any time.